From Additive to Multiplicative Thinking
Course Code: MW19MA1DY
From Additive to Multiplicative Thinking contributes to candidates’ preparation for classroom teaching of Mathematics in Kindergarten to Grade 6 by employing a critical, pedagogical lens for holistic and integrated exploration: theoretical foundations, learning theory, program planning, development and implementation. Through each module, candidates strengthen professional efficacy by gaining knowledge, refining professional judgment, and generating new knowledge for practice. This module focuses learning, discussion, inquiry and reflection on the following topics:
- The meanings of multiplication
- Understanding the development of multiplication algorithms
- Fact fluency
- Consolidating learning
The Modular Math certificate program is a five module series that supports educators in planning for effective learning and teaching of Mathematics in Kindergarten to Grade 6. Each module is designed to strengthen teacher professional efficacy by gaining knowledge, refining professional judgment, and generating new knowledge for practice.
- Each module is 25 hours in length
- All modules are fully online
- Modules can be completed in any order
- A certificate of completion is awarded for each module
- The five module program is equivalent to the Mathematics, Primary and Junior, Part 1 additional qualification
- Complete all five within two years to be recommended to the Ontario College of Teachers
Tuition Fee per Module: $225
Withdrawals are effective on the date withdrawal notice is received and course fees refunded subject to $50 non-refundable amount. No withdrawals or refunds on or after the course start date.