Relationships Among the Operations
Relationships Among the Operations contributes to candidates’ preparation for classroom teaching of Mathematics in Kindergarten to Grade 6 by employing a critical, pedagogical lens for holistic and integrated exploration: theoretical foundations, learning theory, program planning, development and implementation. Through each module, candidates strengthen professional efficacy by gaining knowledge, refining professional judgment, and generating new knowledge for practice. This module focuses learning, discussion, inquiry and reflection on the following topics:
- Landscape of learning the operations
- Connecting multiplication and division
- Effective math discussions
- Intentional teaching
The Modular Math certificate program is a five module series that supports educators in planning for effective learning and teaching of Mathematics in Kindergarten to Grade 6. Each module is designed to strengthen teacher professional efficacy by gaining knowledge, refining professional judgment, and generating new knowledge for practice.
- Each module is 25 hours in length
- All modules are fully online
- Modules can be completed in any order
- A certificate of completion is awarded for each module
- The five module program is equivalent to the Mathematics, Primary and Junior, Part 1 additional qualification
- Complete all five within two years to be recommended to the Ontario College of Teachers
Tuition Fee per Module: $225
Withdrawals are effective on the date withdrawal notice is received and course fees refunded subject to $50 non-refundable amount. No withdrawals or refunds on or after the course start date.
Find an offering of this course that is convenient for you:
|Program Code||Date||Location & City||Price||Availability|
|MU19MA1EY||Aug 12, 2019 -
Aug 23, 2019
Course listings are accurate as of May. 17 08:00 AM.