Senior Basic (English)
This Additional Basic Qualification course is intended to explore and enhance professional practice, program planning and leadership within the Senior Division. This ABQ will also extend professional knowledge, skills and pedagogies within this specific area of study and explore the theoretical foundations associated with supporting the adolescent learner. The course: Senior Division, English employs a critical, pedagogical lens to explore in a holistic and integrated manner theoretical foundations, learning theory, program planning, development and implementation, instructional design and practices, assessment and evaluation, the learning environment, research and ethical considerations related to teaching and learning within and across the division(s). Through these explorations, candidates strengthen professional efficacy by gaining in-depth knowledge, refining professional judgment and generating new knowledge for practice.
- An undergraduate degree acceptable to the Ontario College of Teachers
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- Five full university degree credit courses in English Literature
- For candidates who already hold a Senior Basic Qualification, 2 full undergrad courses in English Literature are needed
- Official transcript(s) sent directly to the Professional Learning Office from the granting institution before course start date
Find an offering of this course that is convenient for you:
|Course Code||Date||Location & City||Price||Availability|
|YU20SBE1||Jul 06, 2020 -
Jul 31, 2020
|YU20SBE2||Aug 04, 2020 -
Sep 18, 2020
Course listings are accurate as of Jun. 04 08:40 AM.