Senior Basic (Health & Physical Education)
Course Code: VW21SPS1
This facilitated online course includes some mandatory synchronous sessions with real-time group interaction set by the Instructor. Audio and video recordings may be a required element of the learning.
The purpose of the Physical and Health Education (H&PE) Senior Additional Basic Qualification (ABQ) Course is to develop candidates’ skills and knowledge for design, delivery, and assessment of H&PE programs. This course focuses on the theory and practice underpinning H&PE through exploration of the underlying philosophy and its application for ensuring a healthy, active living education for older adolescent students.Prerequisites:
- An undergraduate degree acceptable to the Ontario College of Teachers
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- Satisfy the OCT language proficiency
- Two full university degree credit courses in Physical and Health Education OR Intermediate Basic (Health & Phys. Ed) OR Health & Phys. Ed (I/S), Part 1.
- For candidates who already hold a Senior Basic Qualification, 2 full undergrad courses in Physical and Health Education are required.
- Official transcript(s) sent directly to the Professional Learning Office from the granting institution before course start date