Honour Specialist (Dramatic Arts)
Course Code: YBU20HDR1
This is a facilitated online course that includes some mandatory synchronous sessions with real-time group interaction set by the Instructor. Audio and video recordings will be a required element of the learning.
The Additional Qualification Course: Honour Specialist Dramatic Arts employs a critical, pedagogical lens to explore in a holistic and integrated manner theoretical foundations, learning theory, program planning, development and implementation, instructional design and practices, assessment and evaluation, the learning environment, research and ethical considerations related to teaching and learning across the divisions. Through these explorations, candidates strengthen professional efficacy by gaining in-depth knowledge, refining professional judgment and generating new knowledge for practice.
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- FOUR-year (20 full courses) academic undergraduate degree, (excluding education courses)
- NINE full courses (non-education) in the subject of the Honour Specialist (Dramatic Arts), with a minimum B average
- Minimum TWO years certified teaching experience by the first day of the course, subsequent to certification including at least ONE year in Dramatic Arts
- Signed Supervisory Officer's Form by course end date confirming teaching experience
- Official transcript(s) sent directly to the Professional Learning Office from the granting institution before course start date
Please note this course includes mandatory synchronous sessions with real-time group interaction set by the Instructor between July 6 - July 17(Monday to Friday). All coursework must be completed by July 31, 2020.
This 125 hour course consists of 100 hours of interactive coursework and 25 hours of independent learning. Regular and relevant candidate participation is a requirement. Expect to be online at least every second day for Fall, Winter and Spring courses; and every weekday during a Summer course to complete assignments and collaborate in discussion forums. All deadlines will be communicated by the Instructor.
Charlebois, Brooke A