Honour Specialist (Music)
Course Code: YBU20HMU1
This is a facilitated online course that includes some mandatory synchronous sessions with real-time group interaction set by the Instructor. Audio and video recordings will be a required element of the learning.
Course Purpose & Enrolment prerequisite
The underlying purpose of the Honour Specialist Music Additional Qualification Course (AQ) is development by candidates of the capacity for curriculum leadership. The course addresses contexts and theories underpinning the study of music, including pedagogy, curriculum, assessment and evaluation, and technology. Child and adolescent development are explored in relation to program planning and implementation.
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- FOUR-year (20 full courses) academic undergraduate degree, (excluding education courses)
- NINE full courses (non-education) in the subject of the Honour Specialist (Music) with a minimum B average
- Minimum TWO years certified teaching experience by the first day of the course, subsequent to certification including at least ONE year in Music
- Signed Supervisory Officer's Form by course end date confirming teaching experience
- Official transcript(s) sent directly to the Professional Learning Office from the granting institution before course start date
Please note this course includes mandatory synchronous sessions with real-time group interaction set by the Instructor between July 6 - July 17(Monday to Friday). All coursework must be completed by July 31, 2020.
This 125 hour course consists of 100 hours of interactive coursework and 25 hours of independent learning. Regular and relevant candidate participation is a requirement. Expect to be online at least every second day for Fall, Winter and Spring courses; and every weekday during a Summer course to complete assignments and collaborate in discussion forums. All deadlines will be communicated by the Instructor.
Stambolich, Jilian J