Honour Specialist (English)The Additional Qualification Course: Honour Specialist English employs a critical, pedagogical lens to explore, in a holistic and integrated manner, theoretical foundations, learning theory, program planning, development and implementation, instructional design and practices, assessment and evaluation, the learning environment, research and ethical considerations related to teaching and learning across the divisions. Through these explorations, candidates strengthen professional efficacy by gaining in-depth knowledge, refining professional judgment and generating new knowledge for practice. The Ontario College of Teachers recognizes that candidates working in the publicly funded school system, independent/private institutions or First Nations schools will have a need to explore topics and issues of particular relevance to the context in which they work or may work.
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- FOUR-year (20 full courses) academic undergraduate degree, (excluding education courses)
- NINE full courses (non-education) in the subject of the Honour Specialist (English), with a minimum B average
- Minimum TWO years certified teaching experience by the first day of the course, subsequent to certification including at least ONE year in English
- Signed Supervisory Officer's Form by course end date confirming teaching experience Official transcript(s) sent directly to the Professional Learning Office from the granting institution before course start date
Find an offering of this course that is convenient for you:
|Course Code||Date||Location & City||Price||Availability|
|YU20HEN1||Jul 06, 2020 -
Jul 31, 2020
Course listings are accurate as of Jun. 04 08:40 AM.