Honour Specialist (Mathematics)
In this Honour Specialist (Mathematics) , Additional Qualification (AQ) course, we will examine our values, perceptions and knowledge about teaching, learning and education leadership in mathematics. We will build on this understanding through professional readings, developing interesting new ways of teaching, discussions, ongoing analysis, reflection, and finally an inquiry project. These learning experiences will provide the basis for your understanding of current pedagogy in the teaching of mathematics as well as enable you to be a leader implementing change in your school environment. You will look closely at a variety of instructional strategies as well as your role as a leader and a facilitator of change. By increasing your understanding of professional communities of practice, you will solidify your own ability to be a strong communicator and assist your teacher colleagues in adopting a “strong vision” for the teaching of mathematics in Ontario schools.
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- FOUR-year (20 full courses) academic undergraduate degree, (excluding education courses)
- NINE full courses (non-education) in the subject of the Honour Specialist (Mathematics), with a minimum B average
- Minimum TWO years certified teaching experience by the first day of the course, subsequent to certification including at least ONE year in Mathematics.
- Signed Supervisory Officer's Form by course end date confirming teaching experience
- Official transcript(s) sent directly to the Professional Learning Office from the granting institution before course start date
Find an offering of this course that is convenient for you:
|Course Code||Date||Location & City||Price||Availability|
|YU20HMA1||Jul 06, 2020 -
Jul 31, 2020
Course listings are accurate as of Jun. 03 14:24 PM.